Thursday 9 June 2011

My last shot at fame!

'Shy bairns get nowt' - a saying I have decided to live my life as of now.

Yesterday evening I had the pleasure of meeting Kathryn Tickell with my fellow Trimdon Concert Brass Band members. Not being one to miss a good opportunity I decided it would be a chance for me for a new career.  Using a scrap of paper and a blunt pencil, (I know, very professional) I wrote Miss Tickell a lovely note leaving my e-mail address and telephone number. I wrote a lovely message telling her how my uncle was a big fan and it would be wonderful and he would have been proud to hear me on one of her tracks. 

Andy Warhol said that everyone would have their 15 minutes of fame. Well I haven't had mine. With inflation and a growing population I expect that now we might only get 5 minutes each. This is fine, one song on one professionally released CD would see me achieve this.

It has so far been 21 hours since this moment and there has been no word. I will keep you posted.

PS. If you are reading this and you are famous in anyway, can I please steal some of your fame?? Thanks

I will play brass, guitar, hand claps, whistling. You name it, I'll do it

1 comment:

  1. Will Power of Will11 June 2011 at 11:13

    We have had contact - a nice polite message from the Tickell via Twitter. Technology eh?

    ReplyDelete